Balanced Breathing Exercise
Breathing initiates the relaxation response in the body, properly polarizes the electromagnetic field of the body, balances the left and right hemispheres of the brain, and brings the blood into an alkaline – and healthier state. All of this gives you a tool for physical and emotional self management. We are using intentional thought and visualization to engage all body systems and amplify the effect of the breathing.
- Three part exercise: Posture, breathing, visualization
- Sit with back supported, neck & shoulders relaxed, face soft.
- Cross left ankle over right.
- Extend arms out from shoulders, palms facing one another.
- Cross right arm over left, touch palms, interlace fingers and turn hands down towards belly and up to heart, resting on chest.
- Close your eyes and begin breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- As you inhale through the nose, touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth.
- As you exhale through the mouth relax your tongue.
- Begin to visualize an object of BALANCE; whatever balance means to you. Could be the yin/yang symbol, the sky meeting the sea, the scales of justice, etc
- Breathe and visualize for 2 minutes, keeping the body relaxed.
- After 2 minutes, uncross your hands and feet gently and slowly open your eyes, and feel the shift in your energy; notice the calmness and connection you feel.